Enhanced WPC 1.0.1-compliant Wireless Power Receiver IC
The IDT P9020 is a highly-integrated single-chip WPC-compliant wireless power receiver IC optimized for inductive power transfer. The device receives an AC power signal from a compatible wireless transmitter and converts it into a regulated 5V output voltage which can be used to power devices or supply the charger input in mobile applications (wireless battery charging). The P9020 integrates a high-efficiency synchronous full-bridge rectifier, high-efficiency synchronous buck converter, and control circuits used to modulate the load to transmit Qi-compliant message packets to the transmitter station to optimize power delivery. Power delivery is limited to 5W in accordance with the Qi specification.
The device includes over-temperature/voltage protection and a Foreign Object Detection (FOD) method to protect the base station and mobile device from over-heating in the presence of a metallic foreign object. Fault conditions associated with power transfer are managed by the embedded MCU, which also controls status LEDs to indicate operating and fault modes. IDT’s inductive power transfer / wireless battery charging solution is complemented by P9030 transmitter IC.
- Single-Chip 5W (WPC) “Qi” compliant wireless power receiver
- Conforms to WPC specification version 1.0.1
- Integrated Synchronous Full-Bridge Rectifier
- Integrated Synchronous Buck Converter
- Embedded MCU, ROM, RAM, & ADC
- Integrated USB Adaptor Switches for USB Charging
- Closed-Loop Power Transfer Control between Base
- Security and Encryption up to 64 bit
- Foreign Object Detection (FOD)
- Over-Temperature, Voltage Protection
- Compatible with all WPC Receiver Coils including Proprietary and PCB-based Coils
- Open-Drain LED Indicator Outputs
- I2C Interface