Low Skew, ÷1,÷2 LVCMOS/LVTTL Clock Generator
The 8701 is a low skew, ÷1, ÷2 LVCMOS/LVTTL Clock Generator . The low impedance LVCMOS outputs are designed to drive 50? series orparallel terminated transmission lines. The effective fanout can be increased from 20 to 40 by utilizing the ability of the outputs to drive two series terminated lines.
The divide select inputs, DIV_SELx, control the output frequency of each bank. The outputs can be utilized in the ÷1, ÷2 or a combination of ÷1 and ÷2 modes. The bank enable inputs, BANK_EN0:1, support enabling and disabling each bank of outputs individually. The master reset input, nMR/OE, resets the internal frequency dividers and also controls the active and high impedance states of all outputs.
The 8701 is characterized at 3.3V and mixed 3.3V input supply, and 2.5V output supply operating modes. Guaranteed bank, output and part-to-part skew characteristics make the 8701 ideal for those clock distribution applications demanding well defined performance and repeatability.
- Twenty LVCMOS outputs, 7? typical output impedance
- One LVCMOS/LVTTL clock input
- Maximum output frequency: 250MHz
- Bank enable logic allows unused banks to be disabled in reduced fanout applications
- Output skew: 250ps (maximum)
- Part-to-part skew: 600ps (maximum)
- Bank skew: 200ps (maximum)
- Multiple frequency skew: 300ps (maximum)
- 3.3V or mixed 3.3V input, 2.5V output operating supply modes
- 0°C to 70°C ambient operating temperature
- Other divide values available on request
- Available in lead-free RoHS compliant package