FemtoClock® Crystal-to-LVDS Frequency Synthesizer
The 844003BI-01 is a 3 differential output LVDS Synthesizer designed to generate Ethernet reference clock frequencies and is a member of the family of high performance clock solutions from IDT. Using a 19.53125MHz or 25MHz, 18pF parallel resonant crystal, the following frequencies can be generated based on the settings of 4 frequency select pins (DIV_SELA[1:0], DIV_SELB[1:0]): 625MHz, 312.5MHz, 156.25MHz, and 125MHz. The 844003BI-01 has 2 output banks, Bank A with 1 differential LVDS output pair and Bank B with 2 differential LVDS output pairs.
The two banks have their own dedicated frequency select pins and can be independently set for the frequencies mentioned above. The 844003BI-01 uses IDT's 3rd generation low phase noise VCO technology and can achieve 1ps or lower typical rms phase jitter, easily meeting Ethernet jitter requirements. The 844003BI-01 is packaged in a small 24-pin TSSOP package.
- Three differential LVDS output pairs on two banks, Bank A with one LVDS pair and Bank B with two LVDS output pairs
- Using a 19.53125MHz or 25MHz crystal, the two output banks can be independently set for 625MHz, 312.5MHz, 156.25MHz or 125MHz
- Selectable crystal oscillator interface or LVCMOS/LVTTL single-ended input
- VCO range: 490MHz - 680MHz
- RMS phase jitter @ 156.25MHz (1.875MHz – 20MHz): 0.56ps (typical)
- Full 3.3V supply mode
- -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
- Available in lead-free (RoHS 6) package