Field Programmable Dual Output SS VersaClock Synthesizer
The 342 is a low cost, dual-output, field programmable clock synthesizer. The 342 can generate two output frequencies from 250 kHz to 200 MHz, using up to two independently configurable PLLs. The outputs may employ Spread Spectrum techniques to reduce system electro-magnetic interference (EMI). Using ICS' VersaClockTM software to configure the PLL and output, the 342 contains a One-Time Programmable (OTP) ROM to allow field programmability. Programming features include 2 selectable configuration registers. Using Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) techniques, the device runs from a standard fundamental mode, inexpensive crystal, or clock. It can replace multiple crystals and oscillators, saving board space and cost. The device also has a power down feature that tri-states the clock outputs and turns off the PLLs when the PDTS pin is taken low. The 342 is also available in factory programmed custom versions for high-volume applications.
- 8-pin SOIC package (Pb-free)
- Highly accurate frequency generation
- M/N Multiplier PLL: M = 1…2048, N = 1…1024
- Output clock frequencies up to 200 MHz
- Two ROM locations for frequency and spread selection
- Spread spectrum capability for lower system EMI