Quad PLL Field Programmable VersaClock Synthesizer
The 348 field programmable clock synthesizer generates up to 9 high-quality, high-frequency clock outputs including multiple reference clocks from a low frequency crystal or clock input. The 348 has 4 independent on-chip PLLs and is designed to replace crystals and crystal oscillators in most electronic systems. Using IDT's VersaClockTM software to configure PLLs and outputs, the 348 contains a One-Time Programmable (OTP) ROM to allow field programmability. Programming features include eight selectable configuration registers, up to two sets of four low-skew outputs. Using Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) techniques, the device runs from a standard fundamental mode, inexpensive crystal, or clock. It can replace multiple crystals and oscillators, saving board space and cost. The 348 is also available in factory programmed custom versions for high-volume applications.
- Packaged as 20-pin SSOP (QSOP) (Pb-free)
- Eight addressable registers
- Replaces multiple crystals and oscillators
- Output frequencies up to 200 MHz at 3.3V
- Input crystal frequency of 5 to 27 MHz
- Input clock frequency of 2 to 50 MHz
- Up to nine reference outputs
- Up to two sets of four low-skew outputs
- Operating voltages of 3.3 V
- Advanced, low power CMOS process
- For one output clock, use the ICS341 (8-pin). For two output clocks, use the ICS342 (8-pin). For three output clocks, use the ICS343 (8-pin). For more than three outputs, use the ICS345 or ICS348.