VersaClock® 5 Low Power Programmable Clock Generator
The 5P49V5944 is a programmable clock generator intended for high performance consumer, networking, industrial, computing, and data-communications applications. Configurations may be stored in on-chip One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory or changed using I2C interface. This is IDTs fifth generation of programmable clock technology (VersaClock® 5). The frequencies are generated from a single input reference clock. The input reference can be either a crystal or an LVCMOS reference clock.
Two select pins allow up to 4 different configurations to be programmed and accessible using processor GPIOs or bootstrapping. The different selections may be used for different operating modes (full function, partial function, partial power-down), regional standards (US, Japan, Europe) or system production margin testing.
- 2 differential outputs LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL - or 4 LVCMOS outputs
- 1 additional LVCMOS output
- Crystal input frequency range: 8 MHz to 40 MHz
- In-system programmable with 2 independent output frequencies
- Up to 350 MHz input/output frequencies
- Stores 4 different configurations in OTP non-volatile memory
- < 100 mW core power (at 3.3V)
- < 0.7 ps RMS phase jitter (typ)
- Meets PCIe® Gen1/2/3, USB 3.0, 1/10 GbE clock requirements
- 1.8 / 2.5 / 3.3V core and output voltages
- 3x3 mm 20-ld VFQFPN
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature range
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool