Piezoelectric MEMS (pMEMS) Resonator Technology
- Demonstrated world’s first commercially available oscillators incorporating piezoelectric MEMS (pMEMS™) resonators
- Addresses $3 Billion Quartz Crystal and Oscillator Replacement Market
- Development ongoing at IDT since 2007 in an internal startup. Over 40 patents have been issued/pending.
- Combines the advantages of piezoelectric quartz with the advantages and reliability of silicon MEMS resonators
- IDT’s pMEMS resonator technology combines the strong electromechanical coupling of the piezoelectric material with the stability and low damping of single crystal silicon to create a passive frequency source of unparalleled performance and reliability.
- IDT’s pMEMS resonators are the world’s smallest hermetically-sealed wafer level package (WLP) resonators.
Consumer: Multi-PLL and multi-output timing solutions with integrated pMEMS references
Communications: Low phase jitter and high native frequencies timing solutions with integrated pMEMS references
Cloud Computing: Timing solutions resistant to shock and vibration with integrated pMEMS references
IDT pMEMS Technology:
► Jan. 24, 2013 “IDT Announces Industry’s First High-performance Quad Frequency MEMS Oscillators with Multiple Synchronous Outputs”
► May 9, 2012 “IDT Introduces World’s First Piezoelectric MEMS Oscillators for High-performance Applications”
► Jan. 30, 2012 “IDT Introduces World’s First Single-ended Multi-output PLL Clock Generators Using pMEMS Technology”
► Nov. 30, 2011 “IDT Demonstrates World’s First Commercial Piezoelectric MEMS Oscillators”
For additional information contact MEMS_Support@idt.com