FemtoClock® NG 12-Output Clock Generator
The 8V49NS0312 is a flexible Clock Generator with a total of four output dividers: three integer and one that is either integer or fractional. When used with an external crystal, the 8V49NS0312 generates high-performance timing geared towards the communications and datacom markets, especially for applications demanding extremely low phase noise, such as 10, 40 and 100GE. The device is offered in a lead-free 64-VFQFN package and is designed to operate across full industrial temperature range.
The 8V49NS0312 provides versatile frequency configurations and output formats and is optimized to deliver excellent phase noise performance. The device delivers an optimum combination of high clock frequency and low phase noise performance, combined with high-power supply noise rejection. Flexibility and ease of programmability allow these devices to be used in a variety of clock trees while reducing engineering effort. The device is programmable through an I2C interface and also supports I2C master capability to allow the register configuration to be read from an external EEPROM. IDT’s Timing Commander™ software tool enables a fast and easy reconfiguration of the devices.
- Provides a total of 12 outputs: 11 differential (LVPECL or LVDS) and 1 LVCMOS on 3 integer and 1 integer or FracN divider
- Low phase jitter: < 100 fs RMS Phase Jitter, 12 kHz to 20 MHz
- Output frequencies from 10.91 MHz up to 2.5 GHz differential, 250 MHz LVCMOS
- Flexible input options
- One Time Programmable (OTP) non-volatile memory
- Select configurations may be controlled via the use of control input pins without the need for serial port access
- LVCMOS compatible I2C serial interface gives access to additional configurations either alone or in combination with the control input pins
- -40°C to +85°C ambient operating temperature
- Packaged in 64-pin VFQFN, lead-free RoHS (6)
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander Software