OC-48 Precision Clock Generator
The 5T929 generates a high precision FEC (Forward Error Correction) or non-FEC source clock for SONET/SDH systems as well as a source clock for Gigabit Ethernet systems. This device also has clock regeneration capability: it creates a "clean" version of the clock input by using the internal oscillator to square the input clock's rising and falling edges and remove jitter. In the event that the main clock input fails, the device automatically locks to a backup reference clock using a hitless switchover mechanism. This device detects loss of valid CLKIN and leaves the VCO of the PLL at the last valid frequency while an alternate input REFIN is selected. If CLKIN and REFIN are different frequencies, the multiplication factor will be adjusted to retain the same output frequency. The 5T929 can act as a translator from a differential LVPECL, LVDS, or single-ended LVTTL input to LVPECL or LVDS outputs. The 5T929-10 has LVDS outputs and the 5T929-30 has LVPECL outputs. The two modes of output frequency range are controlled by the SELmode. When SELmode is high or low, the QOUT is a multiplied version of the input clock while QREG is a regenerated version of the input clock.
- Input frequency:
- For SONET non-FEC: 19.44MHz, 38.88MHz, 77.76MHz, 155.52MHz, 311.04MHz, or 622.08MHz
- For SONET FEC: 20.83MHz, 41.66MHz, 83.31MHz, 166.63MHz, 333.26MHz, or 666.52MHz
- For 10GE copper: 19.53MHz, 39.06MHz, 78.125MHz, 156.25MHz, 312.5MHz, or 625MHz
- For 10GE optical: 20.14MHz, 40.28MHz, 80.56MHz, 161.13MHz, 322.26MHz, or 644.53MHz
- Output frequency range selection
- 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, and 32x outputs on QOUT
- Regenerated input clock on QREG
- Lock indicator
- Power-down mode
- LVPECL or LVDS outputs
- Two modes of output frequency range
- Mode 0: QOUT range 155.5 - 166.6MHz. QREG is a regenerated version of the input clock.
- Mode 1: QOUT range 622 - 666.5MHz. QREG is a regenerated version of the input clock frequency.
- Hitless switchover
- Differential LVPECL, LVDS, or single-ended LVTTL input interface
- 2.375 - 3.465V core and I/O
|Core Voltage (V)||Input Freq (MHz)||Inputs (#)||Input Type||Output Voltage (V)||Output Freq Range (MHz)||Output Type||Outputs (#)||C-C Jitter Max P-P (ps)|
|2.5, 3.3||77.700000 - 83.400000, 38.800000 - 41.700000, 155.500000 - 167.000000, 311.000000 - 334.000000, 622.000000 - 667.000000, 19.400000 - 20.900000||2||LVDS, LVCMOS, LVTTL, LVPECL||2.5, 3.3||622.000000 - 666.500000, 155.500000 - 166.600000||LVPECL, LVDS||2|