AMD K8 System Clock with AMD, VIA or ALI Chipset
The IDT950405 is a main system clock solution for desktop designs using the AMD K8 CPU. It provides all necessary clock signals for Clawhammer and Sledgehammer with AMD, VIA or ALI systems.
The IDT950405 is part of a whole new line of IDT clock generators and buffers called TCH™ (Timing Control Hub). This part incorporates IDT's newest clock technology which offers more robust features and functionality. Employing the use of a serially programmable I2C interface, this device can adjust the output clocks by configuring the frequency setting, the output divider ratios, selecting the ideal spread percentage, the output skew, the output strength, and enabling/disabling each individual output clock. M/N control can configure output frequency with resolution up to 0.1MHz increment.
- Programmable output frequency
- Programmable output divider ratios
- Programmable output rise/fall time
- Programmable output skew
- Programmable spread percentage for EMI control
- Watchdog timer technology and RESET# output to reset system if system malfunctions
- Programmable watch dog safe frequency
- Support I2C Index read/write and block read/write operations
- Uses external 14.318MHz crystal
- Supports Hyper Transport Technology (HTTCLK).