AS-Interface Spec. V3.0 Compliant Universal AS-i IC
The SAP5S/SAP51 is a next-generation CMOS integrated circuit for AS-Interface networks. This low-level field bus AS-i (Actuator Sensor Interface) was designed for easy, safe, and cost-effective inter-connection of sensors, actuators, and switches. It transports both power and data over the same two-wire unshielded cable.
The SAP5S/SAP51 is used as part of a master or slave node and functions as an interface to the physical bus. It provides the power supply, physical data transfer, and communication protocol handling. The SAP5S/SAP51 is fully compliant with the AS Interface Complete Specification V3.0. It is function and pin compatible with the SAP4.1 (AS2702).The SAP5S/SAP51 can be programmed by the user to operate in Standard Slave Mode, Safety Mode (SAP5S only), or Master Mode. The special AS i Safety Mode (SAP5S only) assures short response times regarding security-related events.
All configuration data are stored in an internal EEPROM that can be easily programmed by a stationary or handheld programming device. The SAP5S/SAP51 is optimized for harsh environments by its special burst protection circuitry and excellent electromagnetic compatibility.
- Compliant with the AS-Interface Complete Specification V3.0
- Universal application: slaves, masters, repeaters
- Integrated safety code generator (SAP5S only)
- On-chip electronic inductor: 55mA current drive capability
- Two LED outputs to support all AS-Interface Complete Specification V3.0 status indication modes
- User programmable to operation in Standard Slave Mode, Safety Mode, or Master Mode
- Supports 5.33 and 16 MHz crystals by automatic frequency detection
- Data pre-processing functions
- Clock and communication watchdogs for high system security