The IDT CPS-1616 provides a full, non-blocking bandwidth of 80 Gbps for up to 16 ports. The device uses a 5th generation switch fabric, building upon Gen1 CPS and Tsi switching architectures. This new switch uses patent pending features to minimize latency, ensure scheduling fairness, and provide superior multicast throughput. The CPS-1616's 6.25 Gbaud SerDes is ideal for doing both local interconnect with low power, while also driving backplane links.
This performance is realized over twice the transmission channel distance and three orders of magnitude improvement in bit error rate (BER) compared to the very capable Gen1 standard.
- Designed to Serial RapidIO 2.1 Specification
- 16 lanes, with up to 4x4, 8x2, 16x1 port configurations
- Long reach 100-cm 2 connector
- Each quad configurable as 1x4, 2x2, 4x1
- 1.25, 2.5, 3.125, 5.0, or 6.25 Gbaud
- Up to 40% power-per-gigabit savings vs. RapidIO 1.3 switches
- 21x21 FCBGA
- Full-duplex 80 Gbps non-blocking bandwidth