The CommAgility AMC-6487C is a single width, full-height Advanced Mezzanine Card offering unprecedented signal processing performance and bandwidth in a highly compact package, for the latest wireless telecom applications. A total of nine 1 GHz DSP cores and a large FPGA allow an application to be partitioned and optimized for most effective use of system resources.
A 10 Gbps RapidIO infrastructure based on the PICMG AMC.4 standard provides the deterministic bandwidth needed for data transfers on and off card. A separate three link full-duplex CPRI/OBSAI compliant antenna interface, with configurable clocking and synchronization, provides additional interface capabilities targeted to wireless radios. An AMC.2 Gigabit Ethernet is provided for OA&M and transport of processed data streams. Additional high-speed, user-configurable I/O is provided to the backplane or optionally front panel using the multiple highs-peed serial ports from the FPGA.
For more information about the CommAgility AMC-6487C, see www.commagility.com.
- Three Texas Instruments TMS320TCI6487 DSPs each with three 1 GHz C64x+ cores
- IDT Tsi578 RapidIO Switch for full RapidIO infrastructure including DSPs, FPGA, AMC.4, and front panel
- Xilinx Virtex-4 FX series FPGA, customer programmable
- Over 768 MB total card memory
- Full Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure
- CPRI and OBSAI compliant front panel antenna interface
- Single width, full height PICMG AMC.0 R2.0 Advanced Mezzanine Card
- Software and firmware library support
- Developed for use in OEM products
- Fully supported with customization options and OEM lifecycle services
- High-performance DSP resource for wireless baseband processing
- Additional I/O, pre-processing or signal processing resource
- Dependable low-latency high-bandwidth interconnect, both on and off card, at up to 10 Gbps per link
- Extensive data storage
- Industry-standard interconnect
- Industry-standard links to wireless radios
- Works with industry-standard MicroTCA and AdvancedTCA systems
- Fast route to application code porting
- Reduces integration risk and speeds time to market
- Allows a detailed fit to specific OEM requirements