The CommAgility AMC-V5F is a single width, mid-size Advanced Mezzanine Card. It is aimed at the latest wireless baseband applications but also very suitable for any high-performance FPGA processing application, especially where optical interfacing or SRIO support is required.
A Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T FPGA provides the main processing. This configures and boots from FLASH on reset, using one of four selectable configuration images that are customer programmable and can be updated over Ethernet. The FPGA is fully customer configurable. The FPGA build normally contains a Microblaze processor for basic board configuration and control, and a full example FPGA build and Microblaze Board Support Package is provided.
The dual SFP sockets for optical interfaces to the FPGA are key features of the AMC-V5F. These are typically used for CPRI or OBSAI interfaces, although many other options are possible. Linked to this interface is a highly flexible, low jitter programmable PLL circuit, allowing a wide range of wireless synchronization options including a low-cost 1 PPS GPS clock.
A range of build options are available, and further customization is possible in volume, to enable the best technical and commercial fit to a customer application to be achieved. For more information about the CommAgility AMC-V5F, see www.commagility.com.
- Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T FPGA, customer programmable (alternatives also possible)
- Dual highly flexible optical front-panel interfaces, for wireless antenna or other high speed data links
- Advanced clock recovery and synchronization options including master and slave modes; AMC, front panel and GPS clocks
- IDT Tsi578 Serial RapidIO Switch for full SRIO infrastructure including FPGA, AMC backplane and (optional) front panel
- Full Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure
- Single width, mid-size PICMG AMC.0 R2.0 Advanced Mezzanine Card
- Software and firmware library support
- Developed for use in OEM products
- High-performance FPGA resource for wireless baseband or customer applications
- Industry standard CPRI and OBSAI links to wireless radios, base stations under test, or other optical data links such as SRIO
- Covers multiple requirements for base stations and test equipment; GPS clock sync avoids a separate card in the system
- Dependable low-latency high-bandwidth interconnect, both on and off card, at up to 10 Gbps per link
- Industry-standard interconnect
- Works with industry-standard MicroTCA and AdvancedTCA systems
- Fast route to application code porting
- Reduces risk and speeds time to market