The CommAgility AMC-3C87F3-GPS is a highly integrated single width, full-size Advanced Mezzanine Card targeted to the latest wireless baseband applications. A total of nine 1 GHz DSP cores and a Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA allow an application to be partitioned and optimized for most effective use of system resources.
The three SFP sockets support CPRI/OBSAI antenna interfaces, allowing direct connection to Remote Radio Heads for 3 sector operation. Timing synchronization is provided by an integrated GPS receiver with an optional OCXO for improved holdover performance. Timing can also be sourced or driven via the AMC clocks or an optional front panel SMB connector.
For more information about the CommAgility AMC-3C87F3, see www.commagility.com.
- Three Texas Instruments TCI6487 multicore DSPs running at 1 or 1.2 GHz
- Xilinx Virtex-5 LX110T FPGA, customer programmable (alternatives also possible)
- Three flexible optical front panel interfaces to wireless radio heads
- Integrated GPS receiver to provide base station timing synchronisation
- OCXO option for timing holdover when GPS signal is not present
- Full Serial RapidIO® and Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure with on-board switch devices
- Single width, full-size PICMG AMC.0 R2.0 Advanced Mezzanine Card
- Developed for use in OEM products
- Software and firmware library support
- Partners for WiMAX software and Remote Radio Heads
- High performance DSP resource for the latest wireless baseband applications
- Flexible FPGA resource for interfacing and DSP co-processing
- Industry standard CPRI and OBSAI links to wireless Remote Radio Heads
- Increased integration to save the cost and complexity of an external GPS receiver
- Addresses operator requirements for resilience and increased network uptime
- Dependable high-bandwidth interconnects both on and off card, up to 10 Gbps per link
- Works with industry standard MicroTCA chassis and ATCA cutaway carriers
- Reduces risk and speeds time to market
- Fast route to application code porting
- Provides a complete base station PHY layer solution