The FET Corp™ RapidFET™ is a network management and diagnostic tool developed for the new challenges faced in today’s RapidIO systems. Whether you are working with early prototype designs or providing customer support in the field, RapidFET can help you configure systems quickly, isolate problems, manage system traffic, and capture device or system settings in automated reports.
While fabric-based systems are superior to multi-drop bus topologies in many ways, they are also more complicated. Multi-Giga Hertz bus speeds make conventional logic analyzer probing techniques obsolete. Point-to-point protocols mean there is no longer one probe point required for multiple devices and growing PCB densities make laying out special high-speed probe points for each connection impractical. So what do you do when things inevitably go wrong and your limited physical probe capabilities don’t provide you with sufficient information?
RapidFET brings to the embedded developer a powerful graphical user interface that lets the user visually interact with a system map. Edit registers, monitor throughput, and change routing paths and much more by simply clicking on a device or link of interest.
- Ethernet or RS-232 interface between PC (client) and Endpoint (server) - local and remote connectivity
- Support for new commercially available endpoints and switches updated regularly - working with you to keep you current
- Server source code provided to easily support Linux, Neutrino, and VxWorks RTOSs - using the RTOS you’re familiar with
- Discover and enumerate - at the click of a button
- Interactive map: visual register editor, performance monitors, routing table generator - abstract yourself from low-level protocol
- Open standard for processing element (PE) library - support your custom device easily
System Diagnostics and Repair
- Link/PE status, training, re-routing, diagnostics, report generation, visual indicators of system health - see the big picture before you visually drill down to investigate details
- Watch window - set up a Watch Window on any system register value and set alarms based on triggers values
- Automation interface – use the open API of standard RapidIO funcitons to write your own RTOS and processor independent test software and interact with any number of PE devices or boards in the system
- Performance - monitor congestion, and/or throughput at the click of a button
- Visual register editor – edit local or remote devices in the network without needing to know what a “hop count” is
- RapidIO example driver source code - get a jump start on customizing your application
- Generate reports based on error monitoring in real time, system routing table reports, device registers and more - simplify your task of characterizing system configuration, behavior, or performance
Use RapidFET to configure each processing element in your system. Single step through Discovery and edit registers anywhere in your system easily. Run diagnostics for hours while keeping a record of behaviors in a fault log. Support new or custom semiconductors easily.
RapidFET abstracts the user from needing to be a low-level protocol expert just to do basic performance testing. Discover, enumerate, and set up routing tables automatically. Monitor parameters such as throughput and congestion by opening a Watch Window for any given link. Leverage the RapidIO driver provided with RapidFET – source code provided free.
Architecture diagrams are easily produced, standard system configuration reports are essential and easy to do when you wish to baseline your design. Documented fault reports are simple and comprehensive.
FPGA or ASIC RapidIO processing element verification and compliance testing can be easily performed using RapidFET. RapidFET supports new or custom devices by allowing the user to create a custom processing element device library file by following a documented open standard file format. Switches and bridges can be stimulated to respond to a variety of types of transactions while being monitored for a variety of performance or error conditions.
Leverage built-in diagnostic capabilities such as routing table validation and generate reports automatically. Set up a secure Internet connection to your customers system and run RapidFET remotely! Instantly diagnose down links, intermittent connections, run basic diagnostics. Upload register dumps, routing tables and run comprehensive diagnostics overnight while RapidFET logs vital data for your reports.
Show your customer how easy RapidIO is to use. Use the RapidFET interactive system map, to highlight your device and drill down into registers easily, graphically and change values anywhere in the system, call up user manuals for any semiconductor in the network.