IDT Tsi620 Evaluation Board
The IDT Tsi620 Evaluation Board (EVB) is an AMC width card that enables system OEMs to develop applications that use the Tsi620 Multi-protocol RapidIO Switch. The EVB can be used in a MicroTCA chassis or standalone.
The core of the EVB is the IDT Tsi620. This device provides the functionality of both a RapidIO switch and a non-transparent RapidIO-to-PCI bridge. The RapidIO Switch offers 50 Gbps aggregate bandwidth, while the RapidIO-to-PCI bridge enables legacy systems to link to the high-bandwidth RapidIO interconnect.
The Tsi620 contains all the benefits of IDT’s family of RapidIO switches. In addition, the device interfaces to low-cost FPGAs through an FPGA port that transmits the RapidIO logical and transport layer over an XGMII physical interface for connection to non-SerDes FPGAs.
The Tsi620 EVB allows customers to leverage the FPGA interface to an Altera Stratix III, RapidIO interface to a Texas Instruments TCI6487 multi-core DSP, and PCI-enabled processors through a PMC connector. Using the Tsi620’s hardware-based RapidIO-to-PCI bridging, customers can connect to low-cost processors and re-use existing software.
The Tsi620 EVB also offers an AMC form factor interface to add other RapidIO-enabled cards in standalone mode. Alternatively, customers can use the AMC backplane connector to network to other AMC cards in a MicroTCA chassis using RapidIO.
Tsi620 Evaluation Board Block Diagram
- AMC width board for MicroTCA chassis or standalone operation
- Tsi620 Multi-Protocol RapidIO Switch
- Texas Instruments TCI6487 DSP connected by two RapidIO 1x links to Tsi620
- Altera Stratix III FPGA using RapidIO over XGMII to Tsi620 (at up to 10 Gbps)
- Antenna interface to FPGA and DSP
- Hardware bridging to PCI; PCI interface exposed to PMC connector
- Supports DSP clustering through backplane RapidIO to DSP AMCs
- Ethernet connectivity to FPGA and DSP through RJ45 connectors
- One RapidIO 4x port to AMC backplane
- One RapidIO 4x port to AMC finger connector
- Exercise all functionality of Tsi620 with FPGA and DSP before your hardware is ready
- Develop application software and firmware to enable fast time-to-market
- Leverage existing MicroTCA and AMC hardware to develop complete hardware-based system prototypes
- Add your choice of DSPs or microprocessors using the AMC and PMC slots for complete system-level flexibility
- Cost reduce your system design using RapidIO/multi-protocol systems
- Tsi620 RDK V1.0
- Document Title: Tsi620 Evaluation Board
- Type: Hardware
- Version: 1
- Release Date: Jan. 28, 2009
- File Info: Internal URL
For more information about the Tsi620 Evaluation Board, see the Tsi620 product page.