Universal LED Driver with Temperature Compensation
The ZLED7001, one of our ZLED family of LED control ICs, is a peak current-mode control LED driver IC that is optimal for buck LED driver applications. The ZLED7001 operates in constant off-time mode. Capable of operating efficiently with voltage sources ranging from 8 VDC to 450 VDC or rectified 110 VAC/ 220 VAC, it is ideal for High Brightness (HB) LED applications. The ZLED7001 provides a PWM input for an external dimming control signal. The ZLED7001's linear dimming input can be used both for linear dimming (0 to 240 mV) and temperature compensation of the LED current. Because the ZLED7001's response time is limited only by the rate of change in the inductor current, it attains a high performance pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming response. The ZLED7001 ensures proper output current regulation, without loop compensation, via peak current-mode operation.
- Wide input range from 8VDC to 450VDC or 110 VAC/220VAC
- Thermal shutdown protection and temperature compensation to protect LEDs and extend LED lifetime
- Operates in constant off-time mode
- Both PWM and linear dimming control signal inputs available
- Very few external components needed for operation
- Broad range of applications: outputs greater than 1A