IDT offers DDR2 PLLs, registers, advanced memory buffers, and temperature sensors.
DDR2 Advanced Memory Buffers (AMB)
Fully compliant with the JEDEC advanced memory buffer (AMB) specifications, the IDT AMB is an essential building block for high-bandwidth applications, such as servers, workstations and communications equipment, which require increased performance and large memory capacities. The FB-DIMM channel architecture offers high-speed, serial, point-to-point connection between the memory controller and modules, allowing designers to use a large number of DIMMs within a single system without an adverse impact on speed.
IDT AMBs also offer:
- Ultra-low power AMB solutions
- Years of proven in-system reliability in major platforms
- Integrated heat spreader option with the latest AMB+ device
- Accurate built-in temperature sensor for optimal performance delivery
- Quad rank and DDR2 533/667/800 operation
- Unique DDR2 architecture capable of driving up to 32 FB-DIMM memory slots
- Buffering of data internally on the chip and receiving or forwarding it to the next DIMM or memory controller
DDR2 Temperature Sensors
IDT provides digital temperature sensor products with accuracy up to ±0.5°C typical, designed to target applications demanding the highest level of temperature readout. The family of low-power, precision temperature sensors target Double Data Rate 2 and 3 (DDR2 and DDR3) memory modules, Solid State Drives (SSD), and computing motherboards. These devices complement IDT’s PCI Express®, signal integrity, power management, and timing products to offer a rich set of application optimized enterprise computing solutions.