The IPS2200 is an industrial qualified, inductive position sensor ICs capable of providing the absolute rotor position as sine and cosine. This IC uses the physical principle of Eddy currents to detect the position of a simple metallic target moving above a set of coils, consisting of one transmitter and two receivers. The output interface can be configured as single-ended, for higher system cost effectiveness or differential to better reject common mode disturbers. The IPS2200 can be used for high-speed motor commutation up to 250krpm electrical, in industrial, medical, robotic and consumer applications.
Stray filed immunity, lower weight and smaller size, and a substantial BOM optimization make the IPS2200 the ideal alternative for resolver replacement.
- Interface: sin/cos single-ended or differential
- Qualified for Industrial market
- Temperature range: -40°C to 125°C ambient
- Voltage Supply: 3.3V ±10% or 5.0V ±10%
- Rotational Speed: up to 250.000 rpm (electrical)
- Propagation delay: programmable; < 10µs
- Sin/Cos gain mismatch and offset compensation
- Overvoltage, reverse polarity, short-circuit protected
- Digital programming interface: I²C or SPI
- AB incremental pulse outputs
- 16-TSSOP package