The 8440259-05 is a 9 output synthesizer optimized to generate Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet clocks. Using a 25MHz, 18pF parallel resonant crystal, the device will generate 125MHz and 3.90625MHz clocks with mixed LVDS and LVCMOS/LVTTL output levels. The 8440259-05 uses IDT's 3rd generations low phase noise VCO technology and can achieve <1ps typical rms phase jitter, easily meeting Ethernet jitter requirements. The 8440259-05 is packaged in a small, 32-pin VFQFN package that is optimum for applications with space limitations.
- Five differential LVDS outputs at 125MHz Three LVCMOS/LVTTL single-ended outputs at 125MHz One LVCMOS/LVTTL single-ended output at 3.90625MHz
- Selectable crystal oscillator interface or LVCMOS/LVTTL single-ended input and PLL bypass from a single select pin
- VCO range: 490MHz - 680MHz
- RMS phase jitter @ 125MHz, using a 25MHz crystal (1.875MHz - 20MHz): 0.41ps (typical), LVDS output
- Full 3.3V supply mode
- 0°C to 70°C ambient operating temperature
- Available in lead-free (RoHS 6) package