The MK5811 device generates a low EMI output clock from a clock or crystal input. The device is designed to dither a high emissions clock to lower EMI in consumer applications. Using IDT's proprietary mix of analog and digital Phase Locked Loop (PLL) technology, the device spreads the frequency spectrum of the output and reduces the frequency amplitude peaks by several dB. The MK5811 offers both centered and down spread from a high-speed clock input. For different multiplier configurations, use the MK5812 (2x) or MK5814 (4x). IDT offers many other clocks for computers and computer peripherals. Consult IDT when you need to remove crystals and oscillators from your board.
- Packaged in 8-pin SOIC
- Pb (lead) free package
- Provides a spread spectrum output clock
- Supports flat panel controllers
- Accepts a clock or crystal input (provides same frequency dithered output)
- Input frequency range of 4 to 32 MHz
- Output frequency range of 4 to 32 MHz
- 1X frequency multiplication
- Center and down spread
- Peak reduction by 8 dB to 16 dB typical on 3rd through 19th odd harmonics
- Low EMI feature can be disabled
- Operating voltage of 3.3 V
- Advanced, low-power CMOS process
- The MK5811A is recommended for new designs.