The OB1203 Sensor module integrates a multi-channel light sensor (LS), a proximity sensor (PS) and a photoplethysmography sensor (PPG).
The Light Sensor can be configured as Ambient Light Sensor (LS) to measure ambient light close to human eye experience or as RGB Color Sensor (CS).
The module has a fully integrated biosensor for reflective photoplethysmography (PPG). With the appropriate algorithm it can determine human heart rate, oxygen saturation (SpO2), respiration rate and heart rate variability (a measure of stress). OB1203 integrates light sources and drivers in a single optically optimized package.
A major application of the device is in smart phones or other mobile devices to enable brightness control of display panels. OB1203 can also determine proximity of nearby objects in order to support the deactivation of touch screen displays during phone calls. The sensor combines front facing optical sensing features (CS, LS, PS) and bio-sensing functionality (PPG) without the need for an additional optical opening. The unique implementation of OB1203 enables SpO2 measurements behind IR transmissive, but visibly dark ink allowing for aesthetic industrial designs.
- SpO2 measurement behind IR transmissive, but visibly dark ink
- Industry’s smallest package: 4.2mm × 2mm × 1.2mm
- Fully integrated and trimmed module including two LEDs, 250mA max drive current and photo detectors
- High SNR and Crosstalk cancelation (analog and digital)
- Ambient Light / Color Sensor:
- High lux accuracy across various light sources
- Absolute sensitivity: 0.06 lx to > 150,000 lx
- Output resolution LS/CS: 13 to 20 bits
- Four LS/CS gain modes: x1 to x6
- Highly linear output, 50Hz/60Hz light and fluorescent light flicker immunity
- Proximity Sensor:
- Integrated and trimmed LED source, driver (250mA) and photodetector
- High resolution (12 to 16 bits)
- Object movement detection (in/out)
- Ambient light suppression > 100 klx sun light