The ZLED7015, one of our ZLED family of LED control ICs, is a constant-current boost converter with an internal high-power 35V switch. It is optimal for driving multiple white LEDs connected in series. It can also drive devices that require a constant voltage and is capable of operating efficiently with voltage supplies ranging from 6VDC to 30VDC. It is ideal for diverse lighting applications requiring low supply voltages, such as SELV applications. Typically, smaller, less expensive external components can be used since the ZLED7015 switches at 1.0MHz (typical). The ZLED7015 output current and over-voltage protection are adjustable via an external components. The ZLED7015 improves efficiency and minimizes power losses by use of a low voltage feedback mechanism. Dimming can be controlled using a pulse-width modulation (PWM) waveform or a DC voltage. The ZLED7015 provides a "soft-start" function to prevent excessive in-rush current on start-up and ensures a controlled rise of the output voltage.
- Integrated 35V power switch
- Wide input range: 6VDC to 30VDC
- Over-temperature protection
- Over-voltage (open LED string) protection adjusted via external resistor divider
- Under-voltage lockout ensures reliable circuit operation
- Control of output current during start-up via internal "soft-start"
- Switching frequency: 1.0MHz
- Single pin on/off or brightness control via PWM, microcontroller, or DC voltage control signal input
- MSOP-10 package