The 8T49N203I is a highly flexible FemtoClock NG general purpose, low phase noise Universal Frequency Translator / Synthesizer with alarm and monitoring function suitable for networking and communications applications. The 8T49N203I has three operating modes to support a very broad spectrum of applications: frequency Synthesizer, high-bandwidth frequency translator, and low-bandwidth frequency translator. This device provides two factory-programmed default power-up configurations burned into One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory. The two configurations are specified by the customer and are programmed by IDT during the final test phase from an on-hand stock of blank devices.
To see other devices in this product family, visit the Universal Frequency Translators page.
- Two outputs, individually programmable as LVPECL or LVDS
- Programmable output frequency: 0.98MHz up to 1,300MHz
- Zero ppm frequency translation
- Two differential inputs support the following input types: LVPECL, LVDS, LVHSTL, HCSL
- Input frequency range: 8kHz - 710MHz and Crystal input frequency range: 16MHz - 40MHz
- Two factory-set register configurations for power-up default state
- I2C Serial interface for register programming
- RMS phase jitter at 155.52MHz, using a 40MHz crystal LVDS Output (12kHz - 20MHz): 439fs (typical), Low Bandwidth Mode (FracN)
- RMS phase jitter at 400MHz, using a 40MHz crystal (12kHz - 40MHz):285fs (typical), Synthesizer Mode (Integer FB)
- -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
- Available in lead-free (RoHS 6) package