The ZSSC4175 is a member of IDT’s family of CMOS integrated circuits for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of two signals from thermocouple elements. Digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, and nonlinearity is accomplished via a 16-bit RISC microcontroller. Calibration coefficients and configuration data are stored in the ZSSC4175 non-volatile memory (NVM), which is reliable in automotive applications.
Measured values are provided via a digital SENT interface. The SENT interface enables transmission of conditioned thermocouple data via its Fast Channel as well as transmission of supplementary data via its Serial Data Message (SDM) Channel (also referred to as the “slow” channel) using only oneoutput pin. End-of-line calibration is also supported through this output pin via a One-Wire Interface (OWI). The ZSSC4175 and the calibration equipment communicate digitally, so the noise sensitivity is greatly reduced. Digital calibration helps keep assembly cost low as no trimming by external devices or lasers is needed.
The ZSSC4175 is optimized for automotive environments by over-voltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry, excellent electromagnetic compatibility, and multiple diagnostic features.
- Two differential thermocouple element inputs and an on-chip temperature sensor, available for cold-junction compensation and temperature output
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Accuracy: up to 5K at 1000°C hot junction
- Supports N-type thermocouples
- NVM memory for configuration, calibration data, and configurable measurement and conditioning functionality
- SENT output compliant to SAE J2716 JAN2010 (SENT Rev.3) and APR2016 (SENT Rev.4) standard
- Supports output of one or more thermocouple signals and product identification via a single SENT interface connection
- End-of-line calibration process minimizes production costs
- No external trimming or components required
- Qualified according to AEC-Q100 Grade 0
- Enhanced diagnostic features for sensor module