The 8427-02 is a general purpose, six LVHSTL output high frequency synthesizer and a member of the family of High Performance Clock Solutions from IDT. The 8427-02 can support a very wide output frequency range of 15.625MHz to 500MHz. The device powers up at a default output frequency of 200MHz with a 16.6667MHz crystal interface, and the frequency can then be changed using the serial programming interface to change the M feedback divider and N output divider. Frequency steps as small as 125kHz can be achieved using a 16.6667MHz crystal and the output divider set for divide-by 16. The low jitter and frequency range of the 8427-02 make it an ideal clock generator for most clock tree applications.
- Six differential LVHSTL outputs
- Selectable crystal input interface or TEST_CLK input
- TEST_CLK accepts the following input types: LVCMOS, LVTTL
- Output frequency range: 15.625MHz to 500MHz
- VCO range: 250MHz to 500MHz
- Serial interface for programming feedback and output dividers
- Supports SSC, -0.5% downspread. Can be enabled through use of the serial programming interface.
- Output skew: 100ps (maximum)
- Cycle-to-cycle jitter: 50ps (maximum)
- 2.5V core/1.8V output supply voltage
- 0°C to 70°C ambient operating temperature
- Industrial temperature information available upon request
- Available in lead-free RoHS-compliant package