The 5P49V5908 is a programmable clock generator intended for high performance consumer, networking, industrial, computing, and data communications applications. Configurations may be stored in on-chip One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory or changed using I2C interface. This is IDTs fifth generation of programmable clock technology (VersaClock® 5). The frequencies are generated from a single reference clock or crystal.
Two select pins allow up to 4 different configurations to be programmed and accessible using processor GPIOs or bootstrapping. The different selections may be used for different operating modes (full function, partial function, partial power-down), regional standards (US, Japan, Europe) or system production margin testing. The device may be configured to use one of two I2C addresses to allow multiple devices to be used in a system. The device is packaged in a 48-pin 6mm x 6mm VFQFPN (NDG48), with an industrial operating temperature of -40 to +85°C.
- Generates up to four independent output frequencies with a total of 11 differential outputs and one reference LVCMOS output
- Supports multiple differential output I/O standards:
- Three universal outputs pairs with each configurable as one differential output pair (LVDS, LVPECL or regular HCSL) or two LVCMOS outputs. Frequency of each output pair can be individually programmed
- Eight copies of Low Power HCSL (LP-HCSL) outputs
- Meets PCIe® Gen1/2/3, USB 3.0, 1/10 GbE clock requirements
- <0.7 ps RMS typical phase jitter on outputs
- Four fractional output dividers (FODs)
- Independent Spread Spectrum capability from each fractional output divider (FOD)
- Stores 4 different configurations in OTP non-volatile memory
- Input frequency ranges up to 200 MHz
- Output frequency ranges up to 350 MHz
- Progammable loop bandwidth and crystal load capcaitance
- 1.8 / 2.5 / 3.3V core and output voltages
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool