The 5P49V5933 is a programmable clock generator intended for high performance consumer, networking, industrial, computing, and data communications applications. Configurations may be stored in on-chip One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory or changed using an I2C interface. This is IDT's fifth generation of programmable clock technology (VersaClock® 5). The 5P49V5933, by default, uses an integrated 25 MHz crystal as an input reference. It also has a redundant external clock input. A glitchless manual switchover function allows selection of either input reference during normal operation.
Two select pins allow up to 4 different configurations to be programmed and accessible using processor GPIOs or bootstrapping. The different selections may be used for different operating modes (full function, partial function, partial power-down), regional standards (US, Japan, Europe) or system production margin testing. The device may be configured to use one of two I2C addresses to allow multiple devices to be used in a system.
- 2 differential outputs LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL - or 2 LVCMOS outputs
- <0.7 ps RMS typical phase jitter on outputs
- Two fractional output dividers (FODs)
- Independent Spread Spectrum capability on each output pair
- Stores 4 different configurations in OTP non-volatile memory
- Up to 350 MHz input/output frequencies
- Redundant clock inputs with manual switchover
- Programmable loop bandwidth, output to output skew, slew rate control
- Individual output enable/disable
- Meets PCIe® Gen1/2/3, USB 3.0, 1/10 GbE clock requirements
- 1.8 / 2.5 / 3.3V core and output voltages
- 4x4 mm 24-pin VFQFPN package
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature range
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool