The 5P49V6914 is a programmable clock generator intended for high performance consumer, networking, industrial, computing, and data-communications applications. Configurations may be stored in on-chip One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory or changed using I2C interface. This is IDTs sixth generation of programmable clock technology (VersaClock® 6). The frequencies are generated from a single reference clock. The reference clock can come from one of the two redundant clock inputs. A glitchless manual switchover function allows one of the redundant clocks to be selected during normal operation.
Two select pins allow up to 4 different configurations to be programmed and accessible using processor GPIOs or bootstrapping. The different selections may be used for different operating modes (full function, partial function, partial power-down), regional standards (US, Japan, Europe) or system production margin testing. The device may be configured to use one of two I2C addresses to allow multiple devices to be used in a system.
- 3 universal outputs LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL - or 6 LVCMOS outputs
- 1 additional LVCMOS reference output
- In-system programmable with 3 independent output frequencies
- Up to 350 MHz input/output frequencies
- Also supports crystal input
- Stores 4 different configurations in OTP non-volatile memory
- < 100 mW core power (at 3.3V)
- < 0.5 ps RMS phase jitter (typ)
- Meets PCIe® Gen1/2/3, USB 3.0, 1/10 GbE clock requirements
- 1.8 / 2.5 / 3.3V core and output voltages
- 4x4 mm 24-ld VFQFPN
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature range
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool