The 8T49N281i has one fractional-feedback PLL that can be used as a jitter attenuator or frequency translator. It is equipped with six integer and two fractional output dividers, allowing the generation of up to eight different output frequencies, ranging from 8kHz to 1GHz. Three of these frequencies are completely independent of each other and the inputs. The other five are related frequencies. The eight outputs may select among LVPECL, LVDS or LVCMOS output levels.
IDT's 3rd generation Universal Frequency Translator family also includes the 8T49N282i (4-in / 2-PLL / 8-out) and the 8T49N283i (2-in / 2-PLL / 8-out).
Two differential outputs meet jitter limits for 100G Ethernet and STM-256/OC-768
- <0.3ps RMS (including spurs): 12kHz to 20MHz
Accepts up to two LVPECL, LVDS, LVHSTL, HCSL or LVCMOS input clocks ranging from 8kHz up to 875MHz
- Auto and manual input clock selection with hitless switching
- Clock input monitoring, including support for gapped clocks
- Phase-Slope Limiting and Fully Hitless Switching options to control output phase transients
- Operates from a 10MHz to 40MHz fundamental-mode crystal
- Generates eight LVPECL / LVDS or 16 LVCMOS output clocks ranging from 8kHz up to 1.0GHz (diff),8kHz to 250MHz (LVCMOS)
- Register programmable through I2C / SPI or via external I2C EEPROM
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander Software