The F6501 is an 8-element transmitter silicon IC designed using a SiGe BiCMOS process for Ku-Band SATCOM (12.5 to 15GHz) phased array applications. The core IC has 6-bit phase control coupled with 35dB (typical) gain control on each channel to achieve fine beam steering and gain compensation between radiating elements. The device has 25dB nominal gain and 13.5dBm OP1dB. The core chip achieves an RMS phase error of 3° and RMS gain error of 0.4dB over the frequency of operation.
The chip operates at 2.1V to 2.5V and features ESD protection on all pins. The core design includes standard SPI protocol that operates up 50MHz with fast-beam switching, fast beam-state loading and fast four on-chip beam storage.
- 12.5 to 15GHz operation
- 8 radiation elements
- 20ns typical gain and phase settling time
- 3° typical RMS phase error
- 0.4dB typical RMS gain error
- 35dB (typical) gain attenuation range
- 5-bit chip address
- Integrated PTAT with external biasing
- Internal temperature sensor
- Up to 50MHz SPI control
- Programmable on-chip memory