The RapidWave™ Development Platform is a millimeter wave (mmWave) baseband modem developer kit, part of the RapidWave product family, that can be used to prototype wireless mmWave access, video surveillance, and backhaul applications among others.
The RWM6050 baseband modem can be fully evaluated in a standalone manner using loopback cables on the analog I/Q interface. Alternatively, third-party FPGA and RF Modules can be purchased and installed on the baseband modem card. The integrated PHY + MAC + ADC/DAC + beam forming functions are accessed through a well-defined API that delivers a rich set of attributes and functionality configurable within the modem. Contact IDT support for more detail.
The IDT RDP6050A platforms are being superseded by the BluWireless Technology Typhoon Development Platforms. Typhoon is a family of highly programmable wireless communication modules that leverage the IDT RWM6050B device.
- Design for RapidWave™ RWM6050 dual mmWave modem
- Enables mmWave wireless development
- Supports phased array antenna
- Supports two independent modem and RF transceivers
- PCIe® host interface
- Standard height, half-length PCIe® card
- RWM6050 licensed software with Linux PCIe® driver