The HXC42400 is a uni-directional Quad Channel CDR / Retimer for retiming data rates from 25Gbps to 28.05Gbps. It is optimized for 100Gbps Ethernet, OIF CEI-28G-VSR and OTU-4 Optical Transport applications. The HXC42400 can be used in either direction of a transceiver module and can be adopted into QSFP28+, or CFP2/CFP4 modules because of its low 100mW per channel power dissipation. In Bypass operation, the HXC42400 supports legacy data rates up to 16Gbps.
Designed for direct DC-coupled anode drive of the DFB laser diode for cost-effective and compact assemblies. Available in FCBGA 5x5mm form.
- Quad 25 – 28Gbps CDR / Retimer
- Bypass-mode to support legacy data rate up to 16Gbps
- Programmable 3-tap output de-emphasis for transmit
- Adaptive linear equalizer and decision-feedback equalizer (DFE) to cover up to 16dB lossy channel in receiver
- Low sensitivity of 20mVPPD and adjustable threshold level of data sampler
- Reference-less and Master channel-less operation
- Independent, adaptive bandwidth control in RX CDR for optimum jitter tolerance
- Programmable output swing up to 1200mVpp
- Internal and automatic DC and phase offset calibrations
- On-chip testability; EOM, JTOL, PRBS generator/checker, local/remote loopback,
- Polarity (P/N) inversion
- I2C control interface