The 89KTPES5T5 Evaluation Board (also referred to as EB8T5A*) provides an evaluation platform for the 89HPES8T5A switch. It is also a cost effective way to add a PCIe downstream port (x1) to an existing system with a limited number of PCIe downstream ports. The 89KTPES5T5 eval board is designed to function as an add-on card to be plugged into a x4 PCIe slot available on a motherboard hosting an appropriate root complex, microprocessor(s), and four downstream ports. The 89KTPES5T5 is a vehicle to test and evaluate the functionality of the PES8T5A chip.
Customers can use this board to get a headstart on software development prior to the arrival of their own hardware. The 89KTPES5T5 is also used by IDT to reproduce system-level hardware or software issues reported by customers.
*Note: References to the 89HPES8T5A also apply to the 89HPES6T5 and 89HPES5T5 unless otherwise indicated.
- PCIe 5 port switch
- Upstream, Downstream Port
- Numerous user selectable configurations set using onboard jumpers and DIP-switches
- Vaux Support
- SMBUS Slave Interface (4 pin header)
- SMBUS Master Interface connected to the Serial EEPROMs through I/O expander
- “Attention” button for each downstream port to initiate a hot swap event on each port
- Four pin connector for optional external power supply
- Push button for Warm Reset
- Several LEDs to display status, reset, power, “Attention”, etc.
- One 14-pin JTAG header
- Installation programs
- GUI based application for Windows and Linux