The IDT1893AF is a lower cost, re-packaged version of the IDT1893Y-10. The IDT1893AF is a fully integrated, Physical Layer device (PHY) that is compliant with both the 10Base-T and 100Base-TX CSMA/CD Ethernet Standard, ISO/IEC 8802-3. The IDT1893AF uses the same proven silicon as the IDT1893Y-10 but offers a lower cost solution by using a lower cost 300 mil. 48-lead SSOP package. The IDT1893AF uses the same twisted-pair transmit and receive circuits as the IDT1893Y-10, and the same recommended board layout techniques apply to the IDT1893AF. The IDT1893AF is intended for Node applications using the standard MII interface to the MAC.
- Single 3.3V power supply
- Supports category 5 cables with attenuation in excess of 24dB at 100 MHz.
- DSP-based baseline wander correction to virtually eliminate killer packets
- Low-power, 0.35-micron CMOS (typically 400 mW)
- Single-chip, fully integrated PHY provides PCS, PMA, PMD, and AUTONEG sublayers of IEEE standard
- 10Base-T and 100Base-TX IEEE 802.3 compliant
- Clock or crystal supported
- Media Independent Interface (MII) supported
- Managed or Unmanaged Applications
- 10M or 100M Half and Full Duplex Modes
- Auto-Negotiation with Parallel detection for Legacy products
- Fully integrated, DSP-based PMD includes:
- – Adaptive equalization and baseline wander correction– Transmit wave shaping and stream cipher scrambler– MLT-3 encoder and NRZ/NRZI encoderLoopback mode for Diagnostic Functions
- Small footprint 48-pin 300 mil SSOP package.
- Available in Industrial Temperature and Lead Free packaging.