The 89HP0504P Repeater Evaluation Board is designed to enable quick in-system testing of IDT’s 4-channel, 5Gbps, PCIe 2.1 Repeater IC product.
This board features a full 16-lane connection from a host through the repeaters to an end-point device installed in the PCIe slot. Any width adapter card, from a 1-lane SATA card to a 16-lane graphics accelerator, can be plugged into the top-edge PCIe slot.
The Repeater ICs can be configured by on-board switches, or serial USB or I2C interfaces. The serial connections provide full access to all configuration and status registers. A USB-to-I2C bridge circuit allows simple connection to a PC for accessing the Repeaters via IDT’s repeater configuration utility (GUI). The receiver, transmitter, and other device configuration parameters can be adjusted to provide optimum operating margins via the GUI.
The 89HP0504P Repeater Evaluation Board is used by inserting it into a desktop PC or server, and then plugging an end point card (SATA, Ethernet, USB3, etc.) into the 16-lane slot on top. Passive trace cards can be used to extend the data signal to emulate a planned system design. Note that the resulting card stack will require an open chassis test environment.
- Contains (8) eight 89HP0504PZBABG PCIe2 Repeaters that compensate for PCB trace attenuation and ISI jitter
- 16-lane PCIe adapter card with full PCIe protocol support
- Configurable via switch, or USB or I2C interfaces using IDT Windows GUI
- EEPROM supports automatic download of configuration data to all eight 89HP0504P Repeaters
- Enables individual channel configurations of ten parameters including: receiver equalization and threshold voltage, transmit swing and de-emphasis, slew rate, etc.
- LEDs indicate active lanes
- Switches allow disabling individual lanes
- Multiple power connection options
- Card format: 9.0” x 4.75”, non-standard size
- Use requires an open chassis
- Works with passive trace cards to extend FR4 traces