The 89HP0504P (QFN2) Repeater cabling evaluation kit is a set of 2-boards designed to allow testing of PCIe2 cabled and mux/demux applications. There is a host interface board and endpoint interface board which can be connected via cable.
The host side board is installed into a desktop PC, workstation or server. Using the Repeaters mux/demux function, one PCIe lane can be routed to either the PCIe cable connector, or to a PCIe slot connector.
The endpoint side board also uses the Repeaters mux/demux feature to route the PCIe cable connection to either a 1-lane PCIe slot, or to a set of SMA connectors for attaching a lab instrument.
A 1-lane adapter card such as Ethernet or USB3 can be plugged into the PCIe slot of either card, as determined by the muxing modes. A 4-lane, PCIe standard Molex iPass cable is needed for making the cable connections. Only 1-lane is actively used. Note that IDT does not include cables with this kit, which the user must provide at a length suitable for the application.
Both boards provide a USB-to-I2C bridge circuit which allows convenient connection to a PC for accessing the Repeaters control and status registers via IDT’s Repeater configuration utility for Windows (GUI). The Repeaters receiver, transmitter, and many other device configuration parameters can be adjusted with the GUI to provide optimum operating margins. An on-board serial-EEPROM allows configuration code to be stored and automatically reloaded into the repeater for later re-use.
- Uses one 89HP0504PZBNRG PCIe2 Repeater on each board
- Includes one, 1-lane PCIe host-cable adapter card, with mux capability to cable connector or PCIe slot
- Includes one, 1-lane PCIe cable-endpoint interface card, with mux capability to PCIe slot or SMA connectors
- Configurable via USB or I2C interfaces using IDT Windows GUI
- EEPROM supports automatic download of configuration data into the 89HP0504P Repeater
- Enables individual channel configurations of ten parameters including: receiver equalization and threshold voltage, transmit swing and de-emphasis, slew rate, etc.
- Multiple power connection options
- Card formats: host: 4.6” x 5.0”; endpoint: 4.4” x 4.4”. Note non-standard form factors
- Works with passive trace cards to extend FR4 traces
- Note that cables are NOT included