The 89HT0816AP Retimer Evaluation Board is designed to enable quick in-system testing of IDT’s 8-lane, 8GTps, PCIe 3.0 Retimer IC product.
This board features an 8-lane PCIe connection from host through the Retimer to an end-point device installed in the 16-lane PCIe slot. The Evaluation Board is used by inserting it into a desktop PC or server, and then plugging an end point adapter card (SAS, Ethernet, graphics, etc.) into the 16-lane slot on top. Passive trace cards can be used to extend the data signals to emulate a planned system design. Note that the resulting card stack requires an open chassis test environment.
I2C and JTAG interfaces are provided for access to all receiver, transmitter, and other device configuration and status registers via IDT’s Configuration Utility GUI for Windows. Software tools for signal eye capture are available.
- Uses one 89HT0816AP PCIe3 Retimer
- 8-lane PCIe adapter card with full PCIe protocol support, including all equalization procedure phases 0 – 3.
- Configurable via I2C or JTAG interfaces using IDT Windows GUI
- EEPROM supports automatic download of configuration data to the 89HT0816AP Retimer
- Allows individual channel configuration
- Switches define power-on initial state
- Multiple power and clock connection options
- Card format: 6.25” x 4.75”. Note the non-standard form factor requires an open chassis
- Works with passive trace cards to extend FR4 traces