The RapidWave™ RWM6051 is a millimeter wave (mmWave) baseband wireless modem for wireless backhaul and fixed infrastructure wireless access applications. The RWM6051 delivers cost effective and power efficient solutions for the emerging backhaul and access markets. It can be paired with mmWave RF chipsets to deliver multi-gigabit throughput at several hundred meters distance. The RWM6051 is highly configurable with a radio interface that provides easy integration with RF solutions.
The RWM6051 features a high degree of configurability with flexible channelization modes and modulation coding to scale bandwidth up to multi-gigabit data rates. Internally, the RapidWave mode includes the mixed-signal front-end resulting in an integration strategy that delivers the most cost-effective and power-efficient solution.
The RWM6051 incorporates technology licensed from and developed in collaboration with Blu Wireless Technology. Blu Wireless Technology provides Typhoon Development Platforms for the IDT RWM6051. Typhoon is a family of highly programmable wireless communication modules that leverage the IDT RWM6051 device.
- mmWave modem with PHY + MAC + ADC/DAC + beam forming subsystems
- Modulation and Channelization support
- Beamforming support with phased array antenna
- Extensions to support long distance transmission
- Digital front end processing
- Programmable real-time scheduler
- Integrated network synchronization