The CA91L862A (QSpan II) is a PCI-to-Host processor bridge for the Freescale PowerQUICC (MPC860/850/821), the QUICC (MC68360), and the MC68040 processors. The QSpan II operates at speeds up to 50 MHz on the processor bus, with programmable parity and burst/prefetch capability. It provides 32-bit / 33 MHz PCI 2.2 support for embedded processor applications.
- Operates up to 50 MHz on the processor bus
- Integrated PCI bus arbiter
- CompactPCI Hot Swap Friendly
- Serial EEPROM interface for Plug and Play compatibility on PCI
- Universal PCI signaling (3.3V and 5V compliant)
- High-performance DMA controller with support for Direct and Linked List modes
- Mailbox registers for passing parameters between host and embedded environments