The P8300 is a highly-integrated, highly-configurable, dual-input PMIC that addresses multiple applications (3.3 V / 5 V, 12 V), and offers scalable power on two rails using external power FETs. The device also features programmable startup sequences and target output voltages, an I²C / SMBUS compatible interface, programmable outputs and sequences via internal OTP memory, and a 35 V-capable power backup system.
For more information or to request documentation, please contact your local IDT sales representative.
- Dual Input voltage rails to support wide range of board configurations and form factors (SAS, SATA, PCIe)
- 2.97 V to 5.5 V on VCCA
- 4.5 V to 14 V on VCCB
- 25 W nominal output power with support for 3.3 / 5 / 12 Vin in a tiny 7x7 mm TQFN package
- 2 buck regulators (500 kHz or 1 MHz) support external MOSFETs for higher current applications
- 4 internal MOSFET buck regulators (2 MHz)
- Integrated PFI (Power Failure Indicator) buck-boost regulator to support backup system with 4.5 V - 35.5 V
- Complete fault protection: Input OVP, output OVP, OCP, UV, soft-start, soft-stop, over temperature protection
- Programmable power-loss detection threshold
- I²C / SMBUS compatible interface with OTP and I²C programming via GUI