The P9242-G is a highly integrated, magnetic induction, wireless power transmitter supporting applications up to 15W. The system-on-chip device (P9242-G) operates with an input voltage range of 4.25V to 21V.
The P9242-G includes an industry-leading 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor offering a high level of programmability while consuming extremely low standby power. The transmitter features two LED outputs with pre-defined user-programmable blinking patterns, buzzer, and programmable over-current protection supporting a wide range of applications. The device is designed to support a fixed frequency operation compliant to WPC MP-A5 and MP-A11 coil configurations. It uses an external oscillator for very accurate 127.7kHz fixed frequency operation. The I²C serial communication allows the user to read information such as voltage, current, frequency, and fault conditions.
The P9242-G includes an under-voltage lockout and thermal management circuit to safeguard the device under fault conditions. Together with the P9221-R receiver (RX), the P9242-G forms a complete wireless power system solution.
The P9242-G is available in a lead-free, space-saving 48-VFQFPN package. The product is rated for a -40ºC to +85ºC operating temperature range.
- Power transfer up to 15W
- VIN range: 4.25V – 21V
- WPC-1.2 compliant, MP-A5 and MP-A11 specification
- Integrated 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor
- Integrated drivers for external power FET's
- 80% end-to-end efficiency
- Fixed accurate 127.7kHz frequency
- Includes industry proprietary fast charge modes
- Low standby and sleep mode power
- Integrated step-down switching regulator
- Simultaneous voltage and current demodulation
- Pre-defined user-programmable LED pattern
- Active-LOW enable pin for electrical on/off
- Supports I²C interface
- -40 to +85°C ambient operating temperature range
- 6 x 6 mm, 48-VFQFPN package