The P9242-R3 is a highly-integrated 15W magnetic induction wireless power transmitter with in-band, bi-directional data communication requiring no additional circuitry. The communication channel can be used for proprietary device authentication and secure system data transfer.
The P9242-R3 includes a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor, foreign object detection (FOD), wide input voltage range operation, full bridge drivers, and on-chip simultaneous voltage and current demodulation.
In addition, the P9242-R3 features programmable over-current protection, programmable LED output blinking pattern, and I²C serial interface protocol to read back information such as voltage, current, and fault conditions. This standard device is compliant to the WPC-1.2 specification. Combined with the P9221-R3 receiver, the P9242-R3 forms complete wireless power system solution for 15W applications with bi-directional data communication.
The P9242-R3 is available in a space-saving 48-VFQFN package. It is rated for -40ºC to +85ºC ambient operating temperature range.
- Supports bi-directional data communication
- Enables authentication and system data transfer
- Up to 15W of power transfer
- 87% end-to-end efficiency when combined with the P9221-R3
- VIN range: 4.25V–21V
- Integrated drivers for external power FET's
- Integrated step-down switching regulator
- Simultaneous voltage and current demodulation
- Standard device compliant with WPC-1.2 specification
- Supports I²C interface
- -40°C to +85°C ambient operating temperature range
- 6 x 6 mm, 48-VFQFPN package