The P9247 is a highly integrated, magnetic induction, wireless power transmitter that supports up to 15W in compliance with the WPC-1.2.4 specification and 30W in proprietary applications. The device is compatible with all popular wireless charging protocols including the WPC Baseline Power Profile (BPP), Extended Power Profile (EPP), up to 7.5W charging for iPhones, and Android proprietary fast charging modes. This system-on-chip solution (SoC) operates with an input voltage range of 5V to 19V and supports various types of wall adapters.
The P9247 includes an industry-leading 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor, offering a high level of programmability and extremely low standby power consumption. The P9247 generates power through the power coil, detects the presence of a wireless power receiver, decodes the communication packets from the receiver, and adjusts the transmitted power by controlling the voltage based on feedback from the receiver. The transmitter also features a wide range of system protections, such as over-current, over-voltage, under-voltage lockout, and real-time foreign object detection (FOD), ensuring maximum utility and safety for customers. The transmitter also allows for power adjustment via frequency, duty-cycle, and/or bridge voltage adjustment, and offers significant margin to EMI requirements in all regions of the world.
The P9247 is available in a lead-free, space-saving 48-VFQFPN package. The product is rated for a -40ºC to +85ºC operating temperature range.
For information regarding evaluation boards and material, please contact your local IDT sales representative.
- Power transfer up to 30W in proprietary mode and 15W at receiver side in EPP mode
- Real-time foreign object detection (FOD)
- Wide input voltage range: 5V to 19V
- Supports various types of wall adapters
- WPC-1.2.4 compatible
- Integrated drivers for external power MOSFETs
- Embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor (trademark of ARM, Ltd.)
- Simultaneous voltage and current demodulation scheme for WPC communication
- Integrated current sense amplifier
- Low standby power
- Active-LOW enable pin for electrical on/off
- Over-current and over-temperature protection
- Supports I2C interface
- -40 to +85°C ambient operating temperature range
- 48-VFQFPN (6 × 6 mm) RoHS-compliant package