The IDT F1978 Digital Step Attenuator (DSA) featuring Glitch-Free™ technology improves system reliability and settling time. It has an attenuation range of 31.5dB with excellent accuracy and very low distortion and insertion loss. The product supports new Direct serial mode programming as well as Conventional serial programming and Parallel programming modes of Direct and Latched.
The F1978 DSA has identical RF performance as the F1975 DSA. The difference between F1978 and F1975 is that F1978 has an additional programming mode called Direct Serial Programming. Consult the "Programming" section of the F1978 datasheet or application note AN-945 “Comparison of F1975 and F1978 Digital Step Attenuator Serial Programming Methods”.
- 5MHz to 3000MHz frequency range
- Glitch-Free™ low transient overshoot
- Low insertion loss 1.2dB at 1GHz
- Excellent linearity +64dBm IIP3
- Attenuation step error 0.1dB at 1GHz
- Serial and parallel interface 31.5dB range
- Low spurious design
- 3V / 5V supply, 1.8V / 3.3V control logic
- Fast settling time
- Class 2 JEDEC ESD (2kV HBM)
- 4 x 4 mm 20-TQFN package