The ZSSC3170 is a CMOS integrated circuit for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of bridge sensor signals. Featuring a maximum analog gain of 420, as well as extended offset compensation capabilities, the ZSSC3170 is adjustable to nearly all resistive bridge sensor types. Digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, and nonlinearity is accomplished via a 16-bit RISC microcontroller. Conditioning coefficients are stored in an EEPROM certified for automotive applications. Measured values are provided by one of the digital LIN or PWM interfaces. Each interface can support end-of-line calibration using the sensor output. Noise sensitivity is greatly reduced because the calibration equipment and the ZSSC3170 are mated digitally. For quick and easy evaluation and support for calibrating prototypes, IDT offers the ZSSC3170 SSC Evaluation Kit, which includes evaluation hardware, SSOP20 samples, and software.
- Complies with LIN specifications 1.3 / 2.0 / 2.1
- Configurable LIN publisher frame content
- Data conversion rate of up to 430Hz fully utilizes the maximum LIN channel capacity of 20kbit/s
- PWM high-side and low-side switches, support for LIN communication for end-of-line calibration
- Digital compensation of offset, gain, temperature effects up to 2nd order, and nonlinearity up to 3rd order
- Compensation of temperature sensor offset, gain, and nonlinearity up to 2nd order.
- Internal or external temperature reference
- Media temperature sensing by diode or RTD
- Load-dump protection of the LIN pin up to ±40V
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 125°C
- Extended operating temperature range: ≤150°C
- Accuracy: ±0.25% FSO @ -20°C to 85°C, ±0.50% FSO @ -40°C to 125°C, ±1.00% FSO @ -40°C to 150°C
- 3 EEPROM words available for optional use data