The ZSSC4165 is a member of IDT's ZSSC416x family of CMOS integrated circuits for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of differential bridge sensor signals. The ZSSC4165 provides dual inputs for full or half bridge sensor signals and features extended temperature measurement options. Digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, and nonlinearity is accomplished with a 16-bit RISC microcontroller. Calibration coefficients and configuration data are stored in an integrated non-volatile memory (NVM), which is reliable in automotive applications. Measured values can be read via a digital SENT or I2C interface. The SENT interface enables transmission of sensor data via its fast channel as well as supplementary data via its Serial Data Message ("slow") channel using only one output pin. End-of-line calibration is supported via an I2C interface or via a One-Wire Interface (OWI) through the data output pin (DOUT). The ZSSC4165 and the calibration equipment communicate digitally, so the noise sensitivity is greatly reduced. Digital calibration helps keep assembly cost low as no trimming by external devices or lasers is needed. The ZSSC4165 is optimized for automotive environments by overvoltage and reverse polarity protection circuitry, excellent electromagnetic compatibility, and multiple diagnostic features.
- Dual full or half bridge inputs
- Extended temperature measurement options (i.e., internal sensor, external diode, and/or RTD; math support for NTC temperature sensors)
- SENT or I2C interface; OWI option for calibration
- Digital compensation of offset, gain, and higher order nonlinearity as well as temperature coefficients of measured sensor input signals
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Accuracy: ±0.25% FSO @ -40°C to 125°C
- NVM memory for configuration data, user-configurable measurement and conditioning function, and user-selected data