The ZSSC4161 is a member of IDT's ZSSC416x family of CMOS integrated circuits for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of differential resistive bridge sensor signals. The ZSSC4161 is designed for single full or half bridge sensor signals. Featuring a maximum analog pre-amplification in the range of 150 to 200, this product is adjustable to nearly all resistive bridges. Digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, and nonlinearity is accomplished with a 16-bit RISC microcontroller. Calibration coefficients and configuration data are stored in an integrated non-volatile memory (NVM), which is reliable in automotive applications. Measured values can be read via a digital SENT or I2C interface. The SENT interface enables transmission of sensor data via its fast channel as well as supplementary data via its Serial Data Message ("slow") channel using only one output pin. End-of-line calibration is supported via an I2C interface or via a One-Wire Interface (OWI) through the data output pin (DOUT). The ZSSC4161 and the calibration equipment communicate digitally, so the noise sensitivity is greatly reduced. Digital calibration helps keep assembly cost low as no trimming by external devices or lasers is needed. The ZSSC4161 is optimized for automotive environments by overvoltage and reverse polarity protection circuitry, excellent electromagnetic compatibility, and multiple diagnostic features.
- Single full or half bridge input
- Basic internal and/or external temperature measurements, which can be selected for conditioning the input signal or for temperature measurement output
- SENT or I2C interface; OWI option for calibration
- Digital compensation of offset, gain, and higher order nonlinearity as well as temperature coefficients of measured sensor input signals
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Accuracy: ±0.25% FSO @ -40°C to 125°C
- NVM memory for configuration data, user-configurable measurement and conditioning function, and user-selected data