This page contains the required files and installation instructions for the latest version of IDT's VersaClock software to be used with the VersaClock 3 and VersaClock LP family of programmable clocks. Please follow the instructions below to install the software. For additional support, customers may submit a technical support request using this link.
Notice: VersaClock 5 devices use IDT’s Timing Commander™ platform. Please visit the Timing Commander page to download software for VersaClock 5 devices.
Please choose the download package that corresponds to your operating system.
*Note: VersaClock 3/LP is not supported on Windows 7 Enterprise Edition at this time
*Note: Supports VersaClock 3 and LP only. VersaClock 5 uses Timing Commander™
|Windows XP 32-bit||Download|
|Windows XP 64-bit||not supported|
|Windows Vista RTM & Service Pack 1 32-bit||Download|
|Windows Vista RTM & Service Pack 1 64-bit||Download|
|Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32-bit||Download|
|Windows Vista Service Pack 2 64-bit||Download|
|Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 32-bit||Download|
|Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit||Download|
|Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 32-bit||not supported|
|Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-bit||not supported|
- Files summary of download package (download from above)
- Supported operating systems
- Prerequisites included in this package
- Preparing to install
- Install the VersaClock software
- If applicable, install drivers for the VersaClock Evaluation Board
1. Files Summary of Download Package
|Install_IdtSqlServer.bat||Installs SQL Server 2008 (IDT)|
|SQLEXPR_x86_ENU_SP3.exe||SQL Server 2008 Installer, invoked by Install_IdtSqlServer.bat|
|VersaClock User Guide||For reference|
|FTDI Driver Installation Guide||For reference|
2. Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP SP2, SP3 (32-bit only)
- Windows Vista RTM, SP1, SP2 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Professional RTM, SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
*Note: VersaClock is not supported on Windows 7 Enterprise Edition at this time
3. Prerequisites Included In This Package
- Prerequisite for all systems: SQL Server 2008 (SP3)
- Prerequisites for Windows XP and Windows Vista: Windows Installer 4.5 (except: already installed on Vista SP2) and .NET Framework 3.5
- Prerequisites for Windows 7: None. Windows Installer 4.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 are already installed.
4. Preparing to Install
- First, unzip or copy the installation files into a temporary folder such as your desktop.
- Remove any earlier instances of IDT SQL Server. (To do this, youmust be a local administrator with permission to log on as a service.) Depending on your installation, it may be an instance of SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008.
Using Control Panel/Uninstall, open the list of installed programs and scroll down to Microsoft SQL Server. There may be one or more versions identified by year (e.g. 2005, 2008, etc.) but only one will be an IDT instance. Beginning with the oldest, begin to uninstall it. The uninstall dialog will ask for the instance you want to remove, and should offer an instance with IDT in the name. If it doesn’t, cancel and proceed to the next later version. If it does, go ahead and remove it. If IDT is the only instance, then also remove the associated components at the same time. Both options will be on the same dialog.
Using Control Panel/Uninstall, also uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Native Client, if present. If there is more than one version, use the version number and/or install date to remove the one associated with the SQL Server instance you just uninstalled.For more information, see How to: Uninstall an Existing Instance of SQL Server 2005 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms143412(v=sql.90).aspx).
Install any prerequisite software required by your operating system:
For Windows XP: If you have not already done so, update the Windows Installer (click link to download) by executing WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe. If you are not sure if this has already been done, do it anyway. Reinstalling won't hurt. You will be prompted to restart the machine.
For Windows Vista (except Vista SP2): If you have not already done so, update the Windows Installer (click link to download). Execute Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu on 32-bit systems and Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu on 64-bit systems. If you are not sure if this has already been done, do it anyway. Reinstalling won't hurt. You will be prompted to restart the machine.
For Windows XP and Windows Vista (all versions): If you have not already done so, install .NET Framework 3.5 (click link to download) by executing dotnetfx35.exe. If you are not sure if this has already been done, do it anyway. Reinstalling won't hurt.
For all supported operating systems: Install Sql Server (IDT) by running the batch file Install_IdtSqlServer.bat. (To do this, you must be a local administrator with permission to log on as a service.)
5. Install VersaClock Software
Run the VersaClock installer VersaClock.msi. Unlike earlier versions, this installs both the software and the local database.
6. If Applicable, Install the Drivers for the VersaClock Evaluation Board
The VersaClock Evaluation Board uses FTDI parts for USB and I2C protocols. To install the drivers, follow the instructions in the appropriate installation guide below.
When asked, browse to the following folder:
32-bit systems:C:\Program Files\Integrated Device Technology, Inc\VersaClock® 4.2\Versaclock Evaluation Board
64-bit systems:C:\Program Files (x86)\Integrated Device Technology, Inc\VersaClock® 4.2\Versaclock Evaluation Board